Thinking of buying or selling an existing business? Buying or selling a business is usually one of the most stressful challenges one can embark on, and Eger CPA has the business accounting experience and expertise to help navigate you through this difficult process.
Buying a Business
Buying a business is generally less risky than starting a business because you are taking over a business that is already generating cash flow and profits. You have an existing customer base, internal controls, employees, marketing programs, and existing business operations. In other words, you don’t have to recreate the wheel. In addition, it is generally easier to finance an existing business with a proven track record then to finance a startup. On the flip side, there are no guarantees the acquisition will be successful, and it will require either significant up front capital or debt financing which can reduce the existing cash flow.
Here are some accounting areas Eger CPA can help:
- Perform Acquisition Due Diligence
- Negotiate Price and Terms
- Business Valuations
- Tax Strategy & Structure
- Post Purchase Services
- Set Up Accounting Books and Records
- Build Internal Controls
- Strategic Planning Sessions
- Cash Flow Planning & Financial Modelling
- Key Point Indicator Analysis
Selling a Business
You have worked hard to build a successful business and the thought of selling your business can be a stressful and emotional situation. Many questions may arise when you begin the thought process of selling your company. What is my business worth? Do I have enough money to retire? What are the tax implications of selling a business? Whatever those questions may be, when it is time to sell you only have one opportunity to cash in on the sale of your business, and Eger CPA has the expertise to help educate and navigate you through the complex and emotional process.
Here are some areas where we can help:
- Business Performance Improvement – Can we increase the value of your company before selling the business?
- Business Transition Planning – Are you ready to sell?
- Business Valuation – What is my company worth?
- Purchase Price and Tax Allocation Strategies – Tax and cash flow implications of selling your business.
- Retirement Planning Services – Now what? What will my retirement look like?